River Bluff Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
We are accepting submissions in the following categories from currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in SIUE.
- Prose (fiction, flash fiction, creative nonfiction, and non-academic essays – including excerpts from longer pieces), short plays; graphic narratives
- Visual Art: photography, drawings, paintings, and photographic representations of art in other media.
- Other Media: short videos and animation
Works must not have previously published in print or online journals. (Material appearing on personal websites and social media is acceptable; if that’s the case, please include a link.)
If you’re interested in submitting work that doesn’t fall into one of these categories, send us a query at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you.
No more than four total pieces of art and/or written work should be submitted.
Due to practical considerations, shorter pieces are more likely to be accepted. Please limit individual prose pieces to under 6,000 words.
Please submit your works as individual files.
NOTE: The author’s/artist's name should not appear on any of the pieces submitted. All submissions are reviewed blind by editors.
File Types Accepted
- Please send text-only submissions in Word format (.doc or .docx).
- Graphic files should be sent as JPEGs or PNGs.
- Other media should be sent as MP3 or MP4 files.
The deadline for submissions is Sunday, September 18th by midnight.